International Organization for Standardization - ISO
International Standards make things work. They give world-class specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure quality, safety and efficiency. They are instrumental in facilitating international trade.
ISO has published 22985 International Standards and related documents, covering almost every industry, from technology, to food safety, to agriculture and healthcare. ISO International Standards impact everyone, everywhere.
- There are many different HR management systems and processes aimed at maximizing the return on investment in staff, but they vary from business to business and country to country, making it difficult to accurately benchmark and be internationally relevant.
- A new ISO standard just published provides globally agreed ways of doing just that.
- ISO 30414 Human resource management – Guidelines for internal and external human capital reporting, is the first International Standard that allows an organization to get a clear view of the actual contribution of its human capital.
- Applicable to enterprises of all types and sizes, it provides guidelines on core HR areas such as organizational culture, recruitment and turnover, productivity, health and safety, and leadership.
What is HCM reporting?
- Human Capital Management Reporting provides insights that will help internal and external stakeholders provide tangible evidence for the HR function. This will assist HR Directors together with board level colleagues to make strategic decisions to achieve organizational transformation
The benefits of a standardized approach to human capital reporting (HCR) include:
- Agreement of the relevant data that is comparable across businesses which benefits orgainisational value
- Redefining HRM processes in order to support best practice for employment relations
- Investments in Human Capital need to have clear financial and non-financial returns and understanding
- Reporting of data Human Capital Data needs to be clear, easy to obtain, and provide significant insight into an organisations current and future performance
What’s in it for ME?
- As with anything ‘New’, there will always be business leaders, directors, employees or organizations that will question the worth and value that a product offers
- Therefore it is essential to demonstrate such and to ensure no doubt is left in the mind of anyone skeptical as to how the new ISO 30414 Standard is a must for ambitious and growth minded organizations
- Please review each core area and ask yourself how do you currently report on each function?
- If you are in any doubt as to why your business should become certified please check our section on the website entitled ‘100 Reasons for Certification’
✓ HCM Metrics will bring new clarity and order
✓ It will untangle past working practice and make sure your business is measured
✓ Accessibility to all matrices
✓ All stakeholders either internal or external will have their respective interest satisfied
✓ The opportunity to go paperless and moreover digital
✓ Better Decision Making
✓ Reducing Cost
✓ Better Leadership
✓ Higher Engagement
✓ Increased Productivity
✓ Better Succession planning
✓ Reduced Turnover
✓ Increased Skills and Capabilities